Know the Do’s & Don’ts in creating a password.
SPPD’s SmartHub portal is a useful tool in helping you to manage your account. When you choose your password for this portal, or any other portal or platform that requires a password, a strong password can make all the difference in protecting your personal information.
Follow these tips for choosing stronger passwords:
- DO change the manufacturer’s Wi-Fi password on your router.
- DO use two-factor authentication.
- DO use unique phrases (like lyrics to your favorite song) to remember passwords.
- DON’T use common words or numbers like “password” or “1234”
- DON’T use personal details like your date of birth in a password.
- DON’T use the same password for multiple accounts.