Incentive for Residential Customers
- $400 incentive for new construction for in-home pre-wiring for the future installation of an electric vehicle charging station, or
- 100% of the cost (maximum of $600) for existing structures for in-home pre-wiring for the future installation of an electric vehicle charging station.
- Available to residential customers of Nebraska Public Power District and its wholesale utility customers.
- Pre-wiring installation location must be a single or multi-family residence.
- Pre-wiring incentive is only available to customers who plan to install a future home charging station.
- To obtain the incentive, all steps on the application must be completed and submitted to the utility along with installation verification, including the charging station’s serial number
- Pre-wiring incentive applies to single or multi-family residence pre-wiring with NM cable for 32-amps (minimum) continuous load per the National Electrical Code (NEC) or the running of appropriate size conduit per NEC, from the load center to a future NEMA 6-50 or 14-50 receptacle.
- Program is subject to the Terms and Conditions as outlined on the application.
- Visit with your electrical utility to discuss your EV and charging needs and pick up an application form.
- Submit payment request after purchase and installation
Program made possible by a grant from the Nebraska Environmental Trust (NET) and a partnership with the Nebraska Community Energy Alliance (NCEA).
Revised: January 2023