Location: Grand Island, NE
How to Apply: Applicants shall submit in writing their qualifications for this position to Shannon Peard, email@example.com.
ssumes responsibility and has commensurate authority for the following activities.
- Performs payroll accounting including individual employee deductions, vacation, sick and paid leave accruals and charges, and other appropriate payroll subsidiary records to ensure accurate payment of employees and availability of information for reporting purposes.
- Print all payroll checks and direct deposit vouchers.
- Records and tracks all vacation, sick leave, and all absences for every employee.
- Distributes payroll as per account numbers.
- Records all payroll deduction entries.
- Assists in preparing annual W-2s for distribution to employees and federal agencies.
- Publishes reports and distributes as assigned.
- Assisting employees, directors and retirees in all matters relating to employee benefit programs.
- Providing administrative assistance to the Chief Financial Officer which will aid in the efficient handling of personnel matters.
- Maintains confidential personnel files for all employees in compliance with state and federal regulations.
- Assists the Chief Finance Officer in carrying out the objectives and goals of the Department.
- Participates in the development of District’s policies and procedures, rules and regulations, and reviews them periodically to determine if any revisions are needed.
- Processes all benefit forms and requests for information for new and existing personnel including benefit changes and verifications of employment.