Applications accepted until filled. Salary: $50,000 – $80,000
How to Apply: Applicants shall submit in writing their qualifications for this position. Please submit to Human Resources, PO Box 1687, Grand Island, NE 68802-1687, or email@example.com.
The IT Support Technician will provide support to the IT Department in areas of end-user troubleshooting, data processing, hardware and software maintenance, inventory management, and cybersecurity. This position will take on additional duties as assigned by the Information Technology Manager.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED AND EXERCISED
The IT Support Technician will be immediately supervised by the Information Technology Manager. The position exercises no supervision.
Within the limits of approved board policies, operating guides and procedures; the IT Support Technician assumes responsibility and has commensurate authority for the following activities:
- Support and maintain the District’s workstations and mobile devices, including software updates and new hardware deployments
- Manage user identification and access permissions
- Monitor the health of the District’s IT infrastructure
- Manage cybersecurity training and monitor infrastructure and endpoints for malicious activity
- Generate reports based on company data collection
- Maintain documentation for the processes and procedures of the position
- Provide technical recommendations to guide District policies
Other duties as assigned.
- Standard knowledge of end-user computer operating systems and server operating systems such as Windows, Mac, iOS, and Linux.
- Experience with data management software is preferred (Excell, Access, etc.)
- A basic understanding of network communications and workstation management is preferred.
- Effectively manage time when working on multiple projects.
- Develop precise and accurate plans when making changes to in-production resources.
- Effectively communicate with co-workers.
- Effectively work with people of varying technology skill sets when working on projects or troubleshooting technical issues.
- Demonstrate regular and predictable attendance and punctuality.
- Maintain an open-door and open-mind policy when it comes to district IT systems support.
- This position must report to the corporate headquarters in Grand Island, Nebraska.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE GUIDELINES
Any combination of experience and training that would likely provide the required knowledge and abilities is qualifying. A typical way to obtain the knowledge and abilities would be:
- Associates or bachelor’s degree in IT or a related field is preferred
- IT or utility industry certifications are encouraged but not required
- Experience as an IT Support Technician, Systems Administrator or related position is preferred
- We will train the right candidate to fill this position