Incentive for Residential Customers
Heat pump water heaters offer improved efficiency and increased energy savings compared to standard units. They get at least twice as much hot water from each kilowatt-hour of electricity consumed as compared to a standard water heater.
|SYSTEM TYPE||INCENTIVE CRITERIA||INCENTIVE AMOUNT|
|Air Source HP Water Heater||EF > 1.9||$400|
|Water or Ground Source Heat Pump Water Heater||COP > 2.8||$650|
Check out the program brochure and guidelines.
The following guidelines will generally apply. Exceptions will be handled on a case-by-case basis.
- All heat pump water heaters must be permanently installed.
- An incentive payment will be paid to the owner after the equipment is installed, operating, and tested by the installer to manufacture recommendations. No incentive(s) will be paid without the completion of the application form. The application form must then be signed by both the installer and the owner. This form will then be submitted to SPPD.
- The incentive payment to the owner will come directly from SPPD.
- Low Interest Loan – For homeowners who choose this option the program is administered through the Nebraska Energy Offices – Dollar and Energy Savings Loan Program. For more information go to http://www.neo.ne.gov.
- Program is subject to the Terms and Conditions as outlined on the application and to the General Guidelines.
Updated: January 2022