In Nebraska, the agricultural sector spends more than $250 million annually for electricity. While your local electric utility offers various EnergyWise℠ incentive programs to help offset the costs of energy efficiency improvements, some projects are unique and do not fit a particular prescriptive program. For these energy-saving opportunities, the Custom Agriculture Incentive Program was developed.
Potential products include, but not limited to:
- Pump replacement or refurbishment
- Upgrading to pivot or subsurface drip systems
- Computer-based water management systems
- Aeration optimization hardware and software
- Aeration fan upgrades
- Upgrade confinement ventilation
- Upgrade supplemental electric heating systems
- Dairy heat reclaimers
- Upgrade electrically heated livestock watering systems
- Upgrade HVAC and/or ventilation systems
- Insulate electrically space-conditioned structures
Incentives up to $0.01 per kWh saved on an annual basis for the rated life of the project may be available. If you don’t see your project listed above, contact your local utility to see if you might still qualify. Additional program terms and conditions apply.
Revised: January 2022