Lighting technologies developed in the past ten years can help cut your lighting costs up to 80 percent while enhancing lighting quality and reducing environmental impacts.
The Commercial/Industrial Lighting Efficiency Program offers cash incentives to help cover the cost of a variety of energy-efficient upgrades.
To Get Started:
- Contact us at SPPD to discuss your project and pick up an application form (also included at the bottom of this page).
- Obtain a contractor and install any of the energy-efficient lighting products as identified in the chart displayed on the brochure (see below).
- Complete the application form after installation is complete.
- Submit the signed application–along with the proof of purchase identified in the application’s terms & conditions–to SPPD for the incentive within 90 days of installation.
Learn more about this program in the brochure, guidelines and application forms:
The following guidelines will apply. Exceptions will be handled on a case by case basis.
- All replaced or retrofitted lighting equipment must be permanently installed.
- Commercial and Industrial customers qualify for the new energy-efficient Light Emitting Diode (LED) fixture and/or retrofit incentives. Other customers may qualify at the discretion of their local electric utility.
- Retrofit lamps and tubes utilize the same or same type of existing socket or lamp holder.
- All new fixtures, retrofit lamps, tubes and kits must be standard or premium-listed by Design Lights Consortium (DLC) to ensure quality standards.
- Retrofitting existing linear fluorescent fixtures with kits, panels or LED tubes are deemed Linear Fluorescent retrofits. Upgrades to recessed can lights and replacements of fluorescent lamps that are less than three (3) foot of linear length do not qualify.
- All incentives sought that are $5,000 or greater require pre-installation notification and potential inspection by the local electric utility.
- The Prescriptive Lighting Program is a “one-to-one” program in that an equal number of lighting fixtures will be impacted when compared to the number of fixtures considered for retrofit or replacement. If the quantity of existing compared to new fixtures varies significantly, an incentive may be considered under the terms and conditions of the EnergyWise℠ Custom Lighting Efficiency Program. Only lighting systems in existing facilities qualify for the upgrade. New construction does not qualify.
- An incentive will be provided to the person responsible for the utility account after the equipment is installed and operating. No incentive(s) will be paid without the completion of the application form. The application form must then be signed by the owner and installing contractor (if applicable). The completed application form will then be submitted to SPPD for processing. Sales receipt(s) or invoice(s) itemizing the new equipment and indicating the size, input wattage, type, make, model, purchase date, and vendor must accompany each energy efficiency incentive application.
- All incentives are subject to specific program guidelines and general program guidelines.
- The incentive payment or account credit to the owner will come directly from SPPD.
- NPPD reserves the right to do random spot checks of the performance verifications to ensure program compliance.
- Participating electric utilities are those that are wholesale customers of Nebraska Public Power District.
- NPPD will make final determination of program compliance decisions and reserves the right to cancel the program with 30 days’ notice.
Revised: January 2022