NOTE: Programs will be updated effective January 1, 2022. Website will be updated soon, contact SPPD for current incentive details.
HVAC systems are the primary energy consumers in commercial buildings. Improving the performance of your HVAC system not only saves energy, but can have a positive impact on your building occupants´ health, comfort, and productivity as well.
Review the steps for application, eligible equipment and qualifying systems in the incentive brochure:
The following guidelines will generally apply. Exceptions will be handled on a case-by-case basis.
- All HVAC equipment must be new and permanently installed in new or existing nonresidential or master-metered multifamily buildings.
- Qualifying equipment must meet both cooling and heating (if applicable) efficiency levels as shown in the table and must be rated at the most recent AHRI standards. Water source, open loop, and closed loop ground source heat pumps can be water-to-air heat pumps or water-to-water heat pumps.
- An incentive payment will be paid to the customer after the equipment is installed, operational, and with the following completed: air and water balancing, installation and calibration of control system, and training of customer’s maintenance personnel.
- Indoor and outdoor components must be matched.
- Incentives greater than $5,000 must be pre-approved by the local electric utility to guarantee availability of funds.
- Program is subject to the Terms and Conditions as outlined on the application and the General Guidelines.
Revised: January 2022