- 50% reimbursement for installation of equipment necessary for the installation of an electric vehicle public charging station.
- The goal of this program is to expand the charging network across the state. Consideration of locations will prioritize these parameters: intersections of major highways, distance from the nearest charging station, availability of 24/7 accommodations, etc.
- Pre-approval is required for verification of a benefit vs cost analysis.
- Eligible grants, discounts, etc. are deducted from the total cost to determine the customer’s cost. This amount is eligible for a 50/50 cost-share.
- The reimbursement is based on the lower of two qualified bids submitted to the utility.
- Customers have a limited time to purchase, install and connect charging stations. If this time is exceeded, the incentive will expire 90 days after approval.
- Available to commercial customers of Nebraska Public Power District and its wholesale utility customers.
- Only available to non-residential accounts.
- Public charging station installation must be at a commercial/workplace site.
- To obtain the incentive, all steps on the application must be completed and submitted to utility along with the two bid proposals and verification of installation.
- This incentive is for the installation of equipment for minimum ampacity of the following charger loads per the National Electrical Code (NEC) and/or the running of appropriately sized conduit per NEC from the load center to a future EV charging station.
Load Requirements (exact requirements may vary):
— Level 2: single phase, 240 volts, 32 amps per port.
— Level 3 (DCFC): 480V AC, 3-phase, 80A, 60 Hz.
- Program is subject to Terms and Conditions outlined on the application.
- Visit with your electrical utility to discuss your charging needs and pick up an application form which includes the approval section.
- Submit final payment request after purchase and installation.
Revised: January 2022