Stay on top of information relating to the April 2018 Blizzard! We will provide power outage information for you on this web page, as well as our Facebook and Twitter pages. Read on for information to help you weather this storm:
REPORT YOUR OUTAGE
Outages must be reported by phone, at 888-484-2470. We cannot respond to outage reports that are shared with us on social media sites.
During winter storms, it is possible that you may be placed on hold as our representatives manage a large number of incoming calls. You can help expedite the overall process by being prepared to provide your information quickly and efficiently. If you have a copy of a current billing statement, this can help you to quickly locate all of the information our representatives will need to accurately pinpoint your location.
No outage information to report at this time. We will post new information as it occurs.
You may also follow Southern Power District on Facebook or Twitter. We do our best to provide outage updates and information as it becomes available.
SAFETY INFORMATION …WHAT YOU CAN DO NOW BEFORE THE STORM:
- If you have space in your refrigerator or freezer, fill plastic containers with water, leaving an inch of space for expansion. Place inside your refrigerator and freezer. The chilled or frozen water displaces air that can warm up quickly when power is out.
- Fill up your vehicle gas tanks…gas stations rely on electricity to power their pumps.
- Locate the manual release lever for your garage door and make sure you know how to use it.
- If your telephone is cordless, plan for alternate communication. Keep your cellular phones fully charged at all times and utilize the “low power mode” to keep the battery charged as long as possible.
- Locate a flashlight and make sure you have batteries available.
- Check with your pharmacist if you use medications that require refrigeration, and you are unsure how long they can be kept in a refrigerator without power.